MEETING AT THE WEB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MEETING AT THE WEB

WHERE STUDENTS AND TEACHERS CAN TALK ABOUT WITH NO BORDERS BETWEEN COUNTRIES

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal Collective and Kylie Minogue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ivo_4B

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Animal Collective and Kylie Minogue Empty
PostSubject: Animal Collective and Kylie Minogue   Animal Collective and Kylie Minogue EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi there. My name is Ivo, 19, and I am from Slovakia. Our teacher gave us a homework - we must write something in English on europeanmeetingpoint forum so here it is. I chose Music.
I usually listen to groups / singers who have made indie or alternative music. For example Animal Collective, Arcade Fire, Battles, Beirut, Clinic, Jens Lekman, Panda Bear, R.E.M., Talking Heads, White Rabbits and even more. I named only that ones which came to my mind at this time.
My most favourite one is the first of those examples - Animal Collective. They came from New York and it is hard to define their sound. They often experiment with random styles and ideas but in short way (and in my opinion) they play experimental indie folk by electronically equipment. I have got all albums which they recorded and I am looking forward to 20. January when they going to release a new album. I was in Prague on their concert last month; live they look and sound amazing! I was in front of podium so I heard and saw every detail. I bought concert t-shirt and now it is my most popular piece of dress in my wardrobe Smile.
On the other side sometimes I have got mood to listen some pop songs from Lily Allen, Feist, Regina Spektor and.. Kylie Minogue. Seriously I can not say why but she is my pop diva. Maybe because she was one of the nicest singer for me when I was young echeche Smile. No no, probably it is because songs - Cant Get You Out of My Head, I Should Be So Lucky, Locomotion, On A Night Like This, Chocolate, Red Blooded Woman, In My Arms, Wow - are only small choice from her never-ageing hits since 1988.
Back to top Go down

Animal Collective and Kylie Minogue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MEETING AT THE WEB :: CULTURE :: MUSIC-
Jump to: